Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Transaction reports: is date cut-off @00:00 GMT?

The "Sales Activity" and "Transaction Details" dev.reports show only dates / filter by date / aggregate by date. It's not a full timestamp (the time component is missing).

What construes a "date" for the sake of said reports? On which timezone is the daily cut-off based? Is it PDT, PST, UTC (=GMT=PST-8), ETC... ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Transaction reports: is date cut-off @00:00 GMT?

I believe all our systems use UTC for the time. I can put in a request that the time-stamp be included with the date.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Transaction reports: is date cut-off @00:00 GMT?

"RokuJoel" wrote:
I believe all our systems use UTC for the time. I can put in a request that the time-stamp be included with the date.

Thanks for the clarification as date cut-off being UTC time.

And yes, i think it will be useful if the transaction history shows full timestamp for transactions - probably best as ISO-8601's "2015-07-26T22:12:52Z" format* - so put a word/request for it, thank you.

(*) Not that i am particularly attracted to that format but it's already being used by ifDateTime and it has big advantage of lexical sort being chronological. I.e. if CSV export gets sorted by that field as-a-string (no need to parse), rows will be in chronologic order - something that mm/dd/yyyy format fails ("7/26/2015" < "7/27/2014").
0 Kudos