Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brightscriptDev
Reel Rookie

To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

For channels to be published as Public channels in roku channel store, we have to pass the certification criteria, There are 6 checklist points given in sdk.

For channels that has SVOD/TVOD, is it mandatory to implement In-channel purchase using roku pay billing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

I believe it is.  Roku has to get its pound of flesh.  You can try http://partnersuccess.roku.com/ to get a more definitive answer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuPam
Streaming Star

Re: To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

Hi @brightscriptDev,

If you would like to offer in-channel subscriptions, you are required to implement Roku Pay. 

I'd recommend taking a look at our certification requirements and Roku Pay overview docs to get an idea of what is required from developers to build and publish a compliant channel. 

Thanks!