Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing my new channel

Hi

I went through the Developer Guide and used Simple video player sample application to test it in my Roku. I am able to upload the application to the Roku device in my house. But I don't know where to see my application. I have checked in the Channel Store but not able to see the app. Also from my Laptop (Windows) I am not able to telnet to see the application in the debug mode.

Please help.

Thanks
Ambrose
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
canaws
Binge Watcher

Re: Testing my new channel

You should probably post your question in the Developer Forum to get help.
0 Kudos

Re: Testing my new channel

The channel will not appear in the channel store until you have packaged it, uploaded it to owner.roku.com, published it, and it passes the channel approval process.

While you are developing the channel and uploading it to your Roku, the channel should show up on your channel list as the last channel in the queue.

When telneting to the Roku, make sure that you are using port 8085, the debug console doesn't use the standard telnet port.

"a_anandraj_2000" wrote:
Hi

I went through the Developer Guide and used Simple video player sample application to test it in my Roku. I am able to upload the application to the Roku device in my house. But I don't know where to see my application. I have checked in the Channel Store but not able to see the app. Also from my Laptop (Windows) I am not able to telnet to see the application in the debug mode.

Please help.

Thanks
Ambrose
0 Kudos