Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newchannel
Roku Guru

Telnet: Playing Video #8, Except its actually #7

I need some help....

I have a channel that plays the xml as simulated live tv. I just did telnet it says it's playing video #8 but the video playing is actually number 7 in the xml list and not number 8.

It's still working fine on my roku xs. I can play the channel, then exit and then when I restart it, it begins right where it left off just like it is suppose, too. But when I submitted the channel for approval, I was told it keeps beginning at the first video in the list and not where it left off after exiting channel and then restarting it.

As mentioned, it's working fine for me so I don't know what could be causing this issue or what to do to correct it. No errors on telnet. Only noticed as described above... that what is playing is actually number 7 in the xml list and not number 8.

Any ideas?

Edit: found the problem as to why it was playing first video. I had forgotten to change the showfeed.brs file to one that has the If LCASE(curshow.GetName())<>"resultlength" And LCASE(curshow.GetName())<>"endindex" Apparently, that corrected it. But on telnet it still shows the video playing as a different number. It says it's playing number 12 when it's actually number 13 But, it's working otherwise.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Telnet: Playing Video #8, Except its actually #7

Arrays of content for playlists begin with 0. Maybe for the print statement for your debugger if you just add a -1 that will provide correct info? Or initialize it as 0 instead of 1.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Re: Telnet: Playing Video #8, Except its actually #7

Okay, thanks a ton.
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos