Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rom
Visitor

TS streams taking forever to load

so i'm trying to stream live h264 ts streams and for some reason they are taking 30 seconds to a minute to load like they are loading a lot of data before they actually play the video.

am i doing something wrong? is there some way to specify the buffer size before playing because this is silly.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: TS streams taking forever to load

There could be an issue with the CDN delivering the content. For example, the nodes being hit may be down or have performance issues. Do the streams play fine elsewhere other than on the Roku?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

you can specify the actual bitrate if the bitrate is less than 1500kbps. Otherwise, specify bitrate=[0]

This may improve buffering times.

for example if bitrate is 800kbps:

videoclip.StreamBitrates=[800]

but try specifying bitrate=[0] first.

Also useful is to experiment with various settings for the switchingStrategy parameter:

videoclip.SwitchingStrategy="full-adaptation"

for example.

- Joel
0 Kudos
rom
Visitor

"RokuRobB" wrote:
There could be an issue with the CDN delivering the content. For example, the nodes being hit may be down or have performance issues. Do the streams play fine elsewhere other than on the Roku?

It's not the cdn. Streams are instant load for for every other device, dune, ipad, iPhone, android app, desktop.

"RokuJoel" wrote:
you can specify the actual bitrate if the bitrate is less than 1500kbps. Otherwise, specify bitrate=[0]

This may improve buffering times.

for example if bitrate is 800kbps:

videoclip.StreamBitrates=[800]

but try specifying bitrate=[0] first.

Also useful is to experiment with various settings for the switchingStrategy parameter:

videoclip.SwitchingStrategy="full-adaptation"

for example.

- Joel

i'll give that a go. thanks for the help.
0 Kudos