Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Localization

Can anybody let me know how to localize strings in scenography application used within the application at one place and call it whenever its used.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: String Localization

"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:
Can anybody let me know how to localize strings in scenography application used within the application at one place and call it whenever its used.

See SceneGraph Localization
0 Kudos

"RokuKC" wrote:
"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:

See SceneGraph Localization

I referred this page, but it has string localization for string translation. But i need to localize the hard coded strings within the application and localize it in a place and call it.
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"ramyajawaharlal" wrote:
I referred this page, but it has string localization for string translation. But i need to localize the hard coded strings within the application and localize it in a place and call it.

Sorry, I don't know what you are asking for.  
The SDK supports that you embed English strings in your BrightScript code (wrapped in Tr() calls) and/or SceneGraph XML, and if you provide a supported translation dictionary those strings will automatically be translated to the user's current UI language.
If you want some other functionality, you are certainly free to implement other solutions.
0 Kudos