Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xoceunder
Roku Guru

Soon changes in code

Hello everyone, I see that very soon they stopped working many things in the app I want to know which ones will be replaced in order to make the changes

roKeyboardScreen
roImageCanvas

ect...
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Soon changes in code

"xoceunder" wrote:
Hello everyone, I see that very soon they stopped working many things in the app I want to know which ones will be replaced in order to make the changes

roKeyboardScreen
roImageCanvas

ect...

I think what you are referring to is mentioned in this Blog post: https://blog.roku.com/developer/2017/02/01/legacy-sdk/

It lists the following components as being deprecated:

roCaptionRenderer
roCodeRegistrationScreen
roGridScreen
roKeyboardScreen
roImageCanvas
roListScreen
roMessageDialog
roOneLineDialog
roParagraphScreen
roPinEntryDialog
roPosterScreen
roSearchHistory
roSearchScreen
roSlideShow
roSpringboardScreen
roTextScreen
roVideoPlayer
roVideoScreen

Also, the SDK documentation (BrightScript Component Reference) includes the following note under certain components that are slated to be deprecated:

This component is no longer updated and will be deprecated on January 1st, 2019.

Beginning July 1st, 2017, any new channels using this component will be rejected during certification.

Beginning January 1st, 2018, any updates to existing channels using this component will be rejected during certification.
0 Kudos
xoceunder
Roku Guru

Re: Soon changes in code

thank you very much belltown[/url:2v3jm6j4]
0 Kudos