Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Someone published my game as theirs

I was made aware today that some developer called "Tech VI" had published my port of Prince of Persia, just changing the "skin" and claiming "developed by Tech VI".
I just want to make clear this was not published by me, although my code is available at GitHub, there is no associated license that would allow the publication of it, and even worse, claiming the authorship of the code.

I reported to Roku and hope they would take down this steal of my work.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Someone published my game as theirs

Man, that is just rude.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

This same idiot recently published the broken/crappy games "Mr. Laser" and "T-rumps World"
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
This same idiot recently published the broken/crappy games "Mr. Laser" and "T-rumps World"

And today I was told he also copied and published my " Donkey Kong"  port as his too.
I really hope Roku does something about this, so far the channels are still there.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

You created a Donkey Kong style game?  Whats the name of it?  {Wanna play it}
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You might try sending Roku a DMCA Takedown notice for those channels.  Then they would be required to remove them or have a possible copyright lawsuit.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

That may be effective, but I personally would prefer you didn't take that DMCA route just yet, as it might have an unintended consequence of Roku becoming overly strict going forward, causing problems or friction for those of us who will be publishing games in the future!
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Unfortunately I had to send a DMCA,as Roku said that was the only way they could act on removing these channels.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

;Okay, I understand, hopefully Roku won't act on my fears 🙂
0 Kudos
pkuzmenko
Binge Watcher

Hi every one, I'm new here 🙂

Could you guide me please, where is some sort of asset store for roku, I did some nice plugin for Unity3d to helps export ready made assets (sprites, animations, text) into roku with small compact roku code to run it, but can't the place there roku developers share/sale the roku code or assets. 

0 Kudos