Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btpoole
Channel Surfer

Size Markupgrid Cell Width-Merged Cells

Is it possible to adjust the cell width of a markupgrid based on the length of string it may contain?  I know columns are but not looking to resize complete column, just individual cells.

EDIT:
I think I found the answer concerning adjusting individual cell widths here https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96092&hilit=fixedlayout.  From what I am able to understand, setting the fixedlayout = true allows cells to be merged. I understand this but do not understand how this can be done "on the fly". For example, I have a grid 4x4 (4 columns, 4 rows), the grid content is populated from a content node created from an array and is all strings no images.  For simplicity say row 2 column 2 content is larger than the cell width(itemSize="[200,20]") so I wish to merge row 2 column 2 and column 3 to create one cell [400,20]. I know if I could set this up hard coded but it needs to be done dynamic since I don't know which cell will need to expand before loading the content.  Is there an example of merging cells "on the fly" available?
Thanks
0 Kudos