Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ov2015
Visitor

Simple Keyboard screen

Hi

I am trying to use roKeyboardScreen for the first time. My app requires users to save their playlist and I am trying to use roKeyboardScreen.

It is a good layout of full screen keyboard if you are entering email address and passwords. I can use it to store the name of playlist as well but can anyone suggest if there is much simpler keyboard layout with letters and numbers only. I would not like the users to enter special characters for their playlist name. Something similar to search keyboard which is simple and does not contain special characters.

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Simple Keyboard screen

0 Kudos
ov2015
Visitor

"belltown" wrote:
roSearchScreen

I did use roSearchScreen. Have one issue: can we get rid of the blank space on the right (used for suggestions) and only have the keyboard from this screen.
Checked the link, there is nothing on this regard.

Thanks
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"ov2015" wrote:

can we get rid of the blank space on the right (used for suggestions) and only have the keyboard from this screen.

You can't get rid of the space. The best you could do is not have any search terms there, and use SetEmptySearchTermsText () to put some text in the blank space, perhaps some instructions to the user regarding what constitutes a valid playlist name.

The other alternative would be to design your own keyboard using roImageCanvas.
0 Kudos
ov2015
Visitor

"belltown" wrote:

You can't get rid of the space. The best you could do is not have any search terms there, and use SetEmptySearchTermsText () to put some text in the blank space, perhaps some instructions to the user regarding what constitutes a valid playlist name.

Thanks added some instructions on the blank space.
0 Kudos