Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddaa
Visitor

Sideloaded Channel Icon

Has anything changed that would prevent my side loaded channels icon from showing up in the channel listing amongst the installed channels? I haven't made any changes in my channels in a while, but I'm working on a new one today and every time I export form Eclipse it runs, but there's no way to relaunch it if I go back to the home screen.

As a side note, and I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but I went ahead and published as a private channel. I added it to my account and forced an install. It said it was installing, but its not here.

I'm working with a Roku 3 (4200X) and a Roku LT (2400X).

If anyone can shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Sideloaded Channel Icon

It sounds like it's not successfully compiling. Have you checked the debugger output to see if there is an error? Or, have you tried packaging it manually to see if there's an error?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
toddaa
Visitor

I just disabled/enabled developer mode and then uploaded the zip file via the web controls instead of publishing from Eclipse. The channel works and I don't get any errors on the console other than what I expect to be there. I guess I'll attempt to bring up one of the example projects from the SDK and see how that works for me as well.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
toddaa
Visitor

Just tried the simplevideoplayer example zip file straight from the sdk. Seemed to work fine so it must be something in my app. Not sure what, but if I figure it out I'll post back.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Check that you have the lines for mm_icon_side_sd, mm_icon_side_hd mm_icon_focus_sd mm_icon_focus_hd in your manifest file and that they are actually pointing to valid images with the correct extension.

- Joel
0 Kudos
toddaa
Visitor

Yep, they are there. I think I found the cause..actually I found two separate issues.

First, my graphics guy produced the HD Focus image with an incorrect size. 366x210 instead of the 336x210 in the specs I gave him.

Second, and I think this was the primary issue, I found that in the manifest there is a checkbox field called "Is hidden." I had this unchecked, but it still seemed to be enabled. I wouldn't have noticed it unless I closed and reopened and saw that it re-checked itself. I had to go into the text mode to get rid of it. There doesn't seem to be a dirty flag being set when unchecking this field so it never got saved before.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
0 Kudos