Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Search keyboard screen, screensaver and storage

A couple of suggestions and a couple of questions.

1. It would be nice if the search keyboard screen would keep the focus on the last button pressed. This would reduce the user's clicks to get around the screen. I am searching a large data area and produce a large number of hits. I need to be able to make multiple selections and to facilitate this I also modified my usage of the "clear history" to do a scroll function and the "search" button to do a return. It would be nice to distinguish between the select event and search button event, they both return "isfullresult".

So maybe in a future release it might be possible to provide some sort of a scrolling list and keep the focus of this screen to the last selection.

2. I have two Roku boxes, I noticed the screensaver doesn't work the same on the XR, album artwork is not displayed. Would it be possible that once in screensaver mode that it requires a click from the user instead of a screen change from the application ?

3. Can you tell me how much data storage is available in "tmp" and how much memory is available ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Alphony
Visitor

Re: Search keyboard screen, screensaver and storage

I have the xr roku and when I play Pandora the screen saver does show the album.
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Re: Search keyboard screen, screensaver and storage

I think it would be nice if I could set the focus of the keyboard to the "Submit" button. I haven't messed with searches yet 🙂

The album art should be a function of the "show.ContentType" object.. i.e. music, but I haven't messed with it yet, still focused on video over here. I have Pandora for music 🙂

Tommy
0 Kudos