Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wst54321
Visitor

Seamless switching for Midroll ad

Hi,All,

I am using RAF with SceneGraph to implement the midroll, I m using customized scheduling and fetching ads by getAds( ) and showAds( ), 

I notice every time a midroll is rendering, it will behavior like pre-roll which has a buffering screen and another buffering window for the video content after ad finished. 

That's a very long waiting time for user. I m looking for a way can prebuffer the video content while the mid-roll is playing, is there a way to do so ?

Due to the limitation of my backend service , 

I can't fetch all ad info at pre-roll, so every adpod only contains 1 ad at a time and I am not able to use the approach mentioned in the doc which is customized an adpod at very beginning with a scheduled break.

every time a scheduled break reached, I will "Stop" my video node , and change to "Play" after ad finished.

I can't use "Pause" and "Resume" since I ll get a error saying failed to init media player if I do so.
0 Kudos