Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastienc
Visitor

SceneGraph ChannelStore order cancel bug

Is there anyway to know if a purchase was canceled by the user when they either click "back" or navigate back from the pin pad entry dialog when initiating an order?

m.channelStore = createObject("roSGNode", "ChannelStore")
m.channelStore.order = order
m.channelStore.observeField("orderStatus", "onChannelStoreOrderStatusChange")
m.channelStore.command = "doOrder"

If the user clicks "back" or navigates back from the pin pad dialog I would expect an orderStatus with status = 2, but the orderStatus is never set and there doesn't appear to be any other property to observe for this case. This looks to be a bug with the component?
Ensemble Systems - www.ensemble.com
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: SceneGraph ChannelStore order cancel bug

Sounds like a bug. Just to be sure, if order is not canceled with Back or wrong PIN - it goes through for a test user and your observer is invoked?

(I myself have not used the SG version but tested extensively the RO version, cue https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=95592 )
0 Kudos
sebastienc
Visitor

Yep, if the order is not canceled then the observer is invoked as expected.
Ensemble Systems - www.ensemble.com
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"sebastienc" wrote:
Yep, if the order is not canceled then the observer is invoked as expected.

Then it's a bug, all right!
Apologies for doubting you but it was hard to imagine the Co would release a component so under-baked that it fails basic flow^. For the RTFM is quite clear promising "If the command fails, the field will be set to a ContentNode node with fields reflecting the completion status of the command."

I suggest you email "developer at roku.com" about it, possibly with link to this thread. While they do monitor the forum, there is no guarantee as to "when". Use roChannelStore if you can, its quirks are known by now and from my experience, ultimately it is usable.

(^) The world's aghast: how come there is no QA on the Roku API? No way somebody tested that and "missed" it
0 Kudos