Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sike1234
Visitor

Scene Graph Architecture

Anyone

I was hoping to find some guidance with the components of a Scene Graph application. Specifically, I’m working on design patterns and file structure inside of the scene graph components directory.

I’m working / thinking about best way to approach separation of concerns and good design patterns. Looking at some SG examples, I follow along with putting BRS and XML files in the Components directory, but was wondering if it’s possible to reference / include other *.brs files from a single XML or *.brs file ?

I can’t find any examples that use sub directories inside the components directory for things like Models, Services, and Utilities?

Would it be better to have these directories on the same level as the components directory?

Or would it be better to have them inside of the components directory?

Is it possible / recommended to organize project files in this way or is their a better / simpler way to accomplish this task ?

Thx
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

Re: Scene Graph Architecture

Take a look: https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Playing+Videos

Guide was updated recently and roku added two good examples. It might be the best start point! I was looking something like this when start with Graph Api.
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos