Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevxcs
Visitor

RowList vertFocusAnimationStyle

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used RowList.vertFocusAnimationStyle="floatingFocus"?

I have a rowList with varying row heights, using fixedFocus and fixedFocusWrap both work fine but floatingFocus goes bananas and renders the rows in a different place to the highlight box. If you take the AdvancedRowList example and add m.rowList.vertFocusAnimationStyle = "floatingFocus" to mixedAspectRowListPanel you'll see what I mean.

The docs say that the default is "floatingFocus" but that's not true, if I omit the field completely it defaults to "fixedFocus"

Has anyone else experienced this odd behavior and if so can you tell me how to fix it?

It would seem that Scene Graph has bug there. It's using itemSize instead of rowHeights to determine the height of all the rows. If I omit itemSize altogether it doesn't draw the rows at all when vertFocusAnimationStyle="floatingFocus" regardless of what I've got in rowHeights. How do I file a bug report with Roku?

Thanks,
Kev
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: RowList vertFocusAnimationStyle

"kevxcs" wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used RowList.vertFocusAnimationStyle="floatingFocus"?

I have a rowList with varying row heights, using fixedFocus and fixedFocusWrap both work fine but floatingFocus goes bananas and renders the rows in a different place to the highlight box. If you take the AdvancedRowList example and add m.rowList.vertFocusAnimationStyle = "floatingFocus" to mixedAspectRowListPanel you'll see what I mean.

The docs say that the default is "floatingFocus" but that's not true, if I omit the field completely it defaults to "fixedFocus"

Has anyone else experienced this odd behavior and if so can you tell me how to fix it?

It would seem that Scene Graph has bug there. It's using itemSize instead of rowHeights to determine the height of all the rows. If I omit itemSize altogether it doesn't draw the rows at all when vertFocusAnimationStyle="floatingFocus" regardless of what I've got in rowHeights. How do I file a bug report with Roku?

Thanks,
Kev

I'm also having some issues when trying to set the rowItemSize attribute. I have one function that creates the dimensions based on an json, and is returning an array of arrays, but when I'm trying to set the rowItemSize attribute I get a type mismatch error .I think there are a few bugs that should be fixed for the rowList, especially in the 7.2 firmaware
0 Kudos
tar
Visitor

+1, I'm having issues with "floatingFocus" as well. The focus image does not jump to the focused row.
0 Kudos
philotas
Roku Guru

Had the same issue
0 Kudos
uj24153
Binge Watcher

hi. i have multiple line rowlist and i want to implement itemSelected  but i do not know how to call getChild() method for this.

listItem = m.rowListLocation.content.getChild(m.rowListLocation.itemSelected)

how i can pass row and column in this funtion

0 Kudos
leela

same here scrolling not working properly 

0 Kudos