Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
healingtv
Visitor

Roku stick for only a single channel

Hi I heard that Roku can make a HDMI streaming stick for a single channel. Is it true? I am preparing a christian TV channel in ROKU and I want to show only my channel or a couple of channels which I choose to put in Roku stick. Is it technically possible?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
dcrandall
Visitor

Re: Roku stick for only a single channel

I'm talking out of my backside on this, but I think the stick pairs with a user account. So you make your user account, add the channels to it accordingly... then in permissions lock-down adding more channels.

At that point, I think you can take the stick wherever you want it.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

^Humm...not sure that's entirely correct. You can set a PIN in your account for adding pay channels, but I'm not sure it prevents adding free ones.
Anyone???
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The account PIN settings allow requiring a PIN for just paid channels or for adding any channel.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"venrooy" wrote:
But can't you still do a factory reset even if you don't have the pin?

Of course - and then configure it for another user account. Or one can steal it. Or can replace a given stick with another stick, configured with completely different channels. There is nothing that a PIN can do for that. And it is not trying to - but what it does is what was asked: prevent casual installation of other channels.

PS. this topic probably should be in General, not Devs
0 Kudos