Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpjamloki
Visitor

Re: Roku app quits with no errors

Yes, after reading this post yesterday I took a look to see if we can add a message for this case. I'll file an enhancement request to do this.

--Mark

Mark have Roku ADD some new component(screen) for this?
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

I don't understand the question. I have indeed filed an enhancement request to add a message to be printed to the debug console when the app closes because the screen stack is empty. No new components or screens are involved.

--Mark
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Hi RokuMarkn,

As pyelagin says
Roku app quits with no errors
it is possible in one condition: he is closing all the screen(in technical term i can say "Exit while" from all the screen), otherwise there would be backtrace. it means roku debug did not find any wrong here.

Sometimes when apps crash due to some reasion like: web service problem(not getting proper response from server it will happen in the case:developer have forget to check if condition for response code 200-300), or due to some other reasion in our apps UI etc.

In that case our apps crash(backtrace) and all screen close and control jump to ROKU home page.

in this situation is it possible after backtrace(crash screen) control will move to splash screen and restart our channel automattically(Not go to ROKU home page)?.
0 Kudos