Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
visiondev
Visitor

Roku UK store

Hello board,
I'm UK based developer and I need to double check my channels are correctly published also in the UK store.
I'm getting complains of UK based people not able to see my channels, this arise 2 questions to you:
-- What's the correct procedure to publish an existing channel also in the UK store ? Is not enough to edit the channel properties and add the new stores ?
-- How can I check wich store my device are using (and is there any hack to choose to wich store connect)?

Cheers,
M
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku UK store

To publish to international channel stores, do this: go to Manage My Channels in the developer section of owner.roku.com, click the channel you want to update, click Edit Channel, click Edit Properties, click Channel Stores, and select the countries in which you want to be published. Then click Continue, select the Primary categories for each country, don't bother with the secondary categories, we are not allowing more than one category per country in the channel store at this time.

Click Continue, click the green Save Changes button, wait till it is done, then click the Go Back button. Now browse to where you keep your most recent application package (the one that is already published), and upload it again.

After it finishes uploading, click the green submit arrow. If this is a public channel, please send an email to whoever your primary contact is at Roku (myself or Patrick Ellis) letting us know that you have submitted an update for the purpose of adding countries.

Remember, update the properties first, then upload the package. No changes are pushed into the system until the package is uploaded.

This process applies for the most part to private channels as well (please don't email us about updates to those).

- Joel
0 Kudos

I submitted my Public channel a few weeks ago. Vanity Access Code (redstatetalkradio).

I've gotten a request via Twitter to add the UK to my Channel Store List. I'd like to do that, but I don't want to do anything to delay my channel from getting published.

Should I do it now? Or should I wait until my channel is approved?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Yes, go ahead, it won't make a difference to channel publication unless your stream is not actually available in UK due to geofencing settings on your CDN.

- Joel
0 Kudos

Thanks Joel. I just checked and Geofencing is disabled at CloudFront, so I'll go ahead and update it.
0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Found my answer
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos