Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kisuke
Binge Watcher

Roku Dial Protocol Sign in

I need to implement in a channel, the login via wifi. Similar to what Youtube channel does, where you have to open Youtube mobile app and authorize login through it. I'm studying the DIAL protocol to do this. I would like your opinion, if I'm on the right path and if you can help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Dial Protocol Sign in

Hi @kisuke,

On-device sign ins must be completed using On-Device Authentication. Essentially, you need to use the ChannelStore.getUserData command to auto-populate the email address linked to the customer's Roku account. 

DIAL is typically used to launch your channel from your mobile app. You can read more about it here.

0 Kudos
kisuke
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Dial Protocol Sign in

Hello. I read the on-device-authentication documentation and it seems to me that it is used in conjunction with Roku Pay. Not sure if this would be the best way to implement what I need. I need to do as the Youtube channel does, where it says "Log in with smartphone". Then you open the Youtube app on your smartphone and there is a warning "Log in to Youtube on Roku..." and after I click "connect", returning to the Youtube channel on Roku, it appears: "you are logged in as. .." Did Youtube implement this using on-device-authentication?

0 Kudos