Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Crashes

Hi,

Sorry in a critical phase of the project and facing some critical issue, any insight on below issues would be helpful.

1) Is there any way we can get more information why the dev channel crashed. Like is it because memory or something else
2) Does roku cache all the images loaded in gridscreen. Do this cause the application to crash if we are loading like around 70 images in the screen. Most of the images are around of size 75KB. If it does cache the images is there any way we can clear those.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance everyone for your thoughts.

Regards,
Prajwal
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Crashes

Have you checked the debug output? http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... pplication
The console output should tell you exactly what's going on.

FWIW, I have grid screens that have literally thousands of images, so it's unlikely that your 70 images are causing the issue you're seeing.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It just closes the terminal and restarts roku. We do a quite a good amount of registry read not write. From what i have learnt that should not be a problem, do you have that might have something to do with the crashes.

Regards,
Prajwal
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

You might try adding a bunch of unique PRINT commands at various places in your code and see what printed last to get a clue as to what might have triggered the crash (and see if it's consistent)
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I added prints across the application, i see a strange behaivour although it is totally randon, even after i call screen.show() it displays blank screen and gets stuck for sometime and crashes the application.
0 Kudos