Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npauzenga
Visitor

Roku Billing "getUserData" in private channels?

Hey everyone!

Quick question. I'm having trouble getting the `getUserData` command working on a private channel. We're fully enrolled in roku billing, the request works fine in dev, and other ChannelStore commands like `getCatalog` and `doOrder` are working fine on the private channel.

I'm using the ChannelStore node class (not the older roChannelStore component). I'm fairly certain it's not my code because the problem also occurs if I publish the Roku-provided ChannelStore_SignupFlow sample app to a private channel. Is there a configuration option that I'm missing on the account side or is the `getUserData` command perhaps not permitted on non-public channels? 

In the interest of full-disclosure here's the relevant code. It's exactly the same as the sample app:

m.billing.requestedUserData = "firstname, lastname, email"
m.billing.command = "getUserData"

Thanks for any support! 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Billing "getUserData" in private channels?

Some quick&dirty ideas:

• try using requestedUserData="all", does that work

• try the list of items w/o spaces after the comma, i.e. "firstname,lastname,email"

• try doing the same with roChannelStore somehere in the pvt channel (outside of RSG) for troubleshooting's sake
0 Kudos
npauzenga
Visitor

Thanks for the reply! All good thoughts. It looks like it's still an issue with each of those tweaks though (setting requestedUserData to "all", removing spaces, using the non-RSG component outside of RSG). Have you been able to get it working on a private channel?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"npauzenga" wrote:
... Have you been able to get it working on a private channel?

yes - with roChannelStore but that was last year, things may have changed
0 Kudos