Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewManLiving
Visitor

Roku 4 Remote Battery Life

First it was the supplied batteries, then two new ones since the unit arrived a few months ago. See a big battery drain, anyone else noticing this?
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
3 REPLIES 3
tnraven
Visitor

Re: Roku 4 Remote Battery Life

Yes...the earbuds in the Premier plus drain the batteries in days if you don't unplug them when not in use.  I've fallen asleep with the earbuds and the next day the remote was useless.
0 Kudos
chupa7
Visitor

"tnraven" wrote:
Yes...the earbuds in the Premier plus drain the batteries in days if you don't unplug them when not in use.  I've fallen asleep with the earbuds and the next day the remote was useless.

My ultra's remote drained in a week after heavy headphone use. I started using Pansonic eneloop rechargeable batteries- they work well.  Hopefully in Roku's next iteration they add backlit buttons and a means to recharge remotes via micro usb or usb c. 
0 Kudos

Our Roku 4 remote eats batteries ridiculously fast.  We now take out the batteries if it is not is use.  This is a hassle, but it out batteries last much longer.  Should we replace the remote?  This has been happening for years now and one would think it is a design flaw.

0 Kudos