Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Roku 4 - Display resolution autodetect bug

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report a very annoying issue with Roku 4. The issue happens with Roku for when : roku is connected to 4k tv and display is set to 4k, then roku is connected to 1080p TV. At this point Roku will not autodetect 1080p and will continue outputting 4k, thus the screen stays black and Roku is unusable. The only solution is to connect Roku to 4k TV and set display type to 1080p or reset the Roku. This is very annoying, can this be addressed somehow?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4 - Display resolution autodetect bug

I will +1 this. It is probably more common for developers to be switching the device between outputs, but it must happen to some extent for consumers. The symptom that I see on my monitors is a green and/or blue tinted screen, so I can at least change the display mode.

In the meantime, you could write down a reliable key press order to change the setting back -> Home, Up, etc.
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Great idea about the key press order! For anyone stuck in this situation, here it is: Home->4xDown->Right->3xDown->Right->2xUp->OK->(wait 3s, you should see the screen now)->Up->OK

But it would be great if this can be fixed in a future software release!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Yuriy_OM" wrote:
Great idea about the key press order! For anyone stuck in this situation, here it is: Home->4xDown->Right->3xDown->Right->2xUp->OK->(wait 3s, you should see the screen now)->Up->OK

Aha 🙂 I can tell you have MGo and News disabled or it would be ""Home > 7x Down".
I propose this "patch": "Home > 1x Up > ..." instead.
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Wow, my bad, I am on Canadian version here, I guess we do not have those sections:) Your "patch" is definitely much more robust

New get out of 4K mode combination: Home->Up->Right->3xDown->Right->2xUp->OK->(wait 3s, you should see 720p or 1080p screen now)->Up->OK
0 Kudos