Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmarder
Visitor

Replacing a Preexisting Channel Name

Hi,

My client has a preexisting channel built by another developer. We want to submit a new app to be published, but we cannot have duplicate names.

Is there anyway to switch Channel Names once the the new Channel gets approved? My client owns all the content.

Thanks!

Landon
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Replacing a Preexisting Channel Name

Reading between the lines, it would seem there is "bad blood" between your client (A) and a previous developer (B)? In which B controls the previous channel and will not surrender the name - but A claims rights over it? Does not sound like something the Co will be interested in being involved as arbiter but let's see.

If things are really bad, i assume your client can submit a DMCA copyright claim - but be ready with proof and if the other side answers with a DMCA counter-claim, A should escalate with a lawsuit against B - or RokuCo cannot keep a channel down on mere claims (legally anyway).

If B is cooperative though, name switch should be easy - or B can even arrange all old installs to switch to the new app.
0 Kudos