Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arezth
Visitor

Removing "retrieving" text while loading video

Hi Forum,

I wanted to remove the retrieving text that appears along with the retrieving bar when loading a video. I set the value of the video.retrievingBar.visible as false and now the bar does not appear. I tried to set the value of the letters to #00FFFFFF in hope that it could interpret the value with alpha value, but didn't work. Does anyone know a way to remove the this text? I load my video in a <video /> in my xml.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Removing "retrieving" text while loading video

You were setting `.retrievingTextColor = &h00FFFFFF` ? In what way that "didn't work"? Did it show in different color or what? It is relevant as to the next steps to try, e.g. maybe the color is not in ARGB format but RGBA. Or did you try &h01 as a color? TFM says 0 means system default but you can get to practically
0 for practical purposes.
0 Kudos
Arezth
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
You were setting `.retrievingTextColor = &h00FFFFFF` ? In what way that "didn't work"? Did it show in different color or what? It is relevant as to the next steps to try, e.g. maybe the color is not in ARGB format but RGBA. Or did you try &h01 as a color? TFM says 0 means system default but you can get to practically
0 for practical purposes.

Thank you for your answer EnTerr, I set ".retrievingTextColor" to "0x00FFFFFF" and "0x00000000", hoping that by setting the alpha value it would become fully transparent, the color was always shown in the color that was set (except black for some reason). No, I didn't try &h01 as a color, let me try that as well as an RGBA format!
0 Kudos
Arezth
Visitor

I've just realized my amateur mistake, I've set the value to "0xFF000000" and it seems to have worked well so fine. It is (as it seems) a ARGB format after all. I'll keep making tests and if anything comes up I'll let you know. Thank you for your time @EnTerr
0 Kudos