Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedashford
Channel Surfer

Programically get channel version?

We're feeding usage data from the Roku into our customer support system. Generally we fix a bug, release a new version and hope our user's system updates it for them, but during this process we don't know for sure if the user is on the old channel or the new one and therefore we don't know if we've fixed the bug. I'd love to feed in the channel build_version to our support system, but I'm unable to find documentation on how to retrieve this value. One suggestion was to parse the manifest file, but not recommended. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Programically get channel version?

roAppInfo.GetVersion() should give you what you're looking for. If you're looking for just the build version, you can use roAppInfo.GetValue("build_version").
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos