Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aram-cbs
Visitor

Problem using ComponentLibrary

Hi guys, 

I have Roku custom library, and I can successfully load it into the my project runtime. But I want my component to extend component from downloadable library. Here is the link of documentation that tells it is possible https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... entLibrary

<Component name="customComponent" Extends="Library:Component">

But when app is start from main.brs it's scanning all components from package "components" and gives me an XML parse-in error. So if this is not working why not remove from documentation or do you know how to extend library component? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

Re: Create Roku Custom Library

@aram-cbs Wow, thanks! I had no idea we could publish external libraries for SG. 
I can't answer your question, but at least now I know this feature exists.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Problem using ComponentLibrary

It should be working. Perhaps you are confused about what "Library:Component" above means? I added a note on usage, does it help?
0 Kudos
dat30
Visitor

"RokuNB" wrote:
It should be working. Perhaps you are confused about what "Library:Component" above means? I added a note on usage, does it help?

hi RokuNB,  sorry for "summoning" this old thread, 
i have a doubt; it's posible to create a library component from a brightscript? some thing like:
mycomponent = CreateObject("roSGNode", "Library:Component")
i've triede the above sintaxis but it doesn't works, so i wonder how could do someting like that?
thanks.

Forget about it, the sintaxis above is working perfectly, the problem was a typo. XD
0 Kudos
oa24153
Binge Watcher

When i package my component library some times it says.Capture.PNGAnd than doesn't get library from my server? What is the reason?

0 Kudos