Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private channel device/firmware compatibility

If a private channel is not compatibile with a paticular device or firmware can the user still add the channel but it will likely crash or with the user be prevented to add the channel?

A potential viewer claims to be unable to add my private channel on his Roku LT. When I set up the channel I left the minimum version at v2.5 b388. I am not sure why they are unable to download it.

Is there any other reason It could not be added?

Thank you for your help. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Private channel device/firmware compatibility

Other reasons might be if you checked (like "Requires Bluetooth Remote") that doesn't exist on the Roku LT, or the user is in a country where you haven't published the channel. Both of these are on the first page of the channel properties on http://owner.roku.com

- Joel
0 Kudos

The channel options have been set that it is available in all regions. The only required feature that is set for the channel is internet access.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

If you left the mm_icon_side /mm_icon_focus hd and sd entries out of the manifest or those entries don't point to legitimate files, that could cause an issue with the channel appearing on newer devices.

If you clicked the CramFS button in the web browser on your device, that would make the channel incompatible with older devices.

- Joel
0 Kudos