Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

Private channel device/firmware compatibility

If a private channel is not compatibile with a paticular device or firmware can the user still add the channel but it will likely crash or with the user be prevented to add the channel?

A potential viewer claims to be unable to add my private channel on his Roku LT. When I set up the channel I left the minimum version at v2.5 b388. I am not sure why they are unable to download it.

Is there any other reason It could not be added?

Thank you for your help. 🙂
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Private channel device/firmware compatibility

Other reasons might be if you checked (like "Requires Bluetooth Remote") that doesn't exist on the Roku LT, or the user is in a country where you haven't published the channel. Both of these are on the first page of the channel properties on http://owner.roku.com

- Joel
0 Kudos
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

The channel options have been set that it is available in all regions. The only required feature that is set for the channel is internet access.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

If you left the mm_icon_side /mm_icon_focus hd and sd entries out of the manifest or those entries don't point to legitimate files, that could cause an issue with the channel appearing on newer devices.

If you clicked the CramFS button in the web browser on your device, that would make the channel incompatible with older devices.

- Joel
0 Kudos