Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhoard
Visitor

Private Channel publishing / installation problems

I created a private channel, tested it via side loading (no problems), added it to my developer account ... yet it won't show up on my Roku box.

Roku box : LT, firmware v4.2 b1006
Zip size : 85KB
Pkg size : 91KB

I triple checked my zip file (created by the Eclipse plugin) and don't see any issues. The manifest file exists in the root, images are all referenced and available, etc.

When I add the channel via the private access code, the website site says it's added, but it doesn't show up in my channel list or under "My Channels" in the Channel Store

Any ideas ?

-Doug
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Private Channel publishing / installation problems

Do you have "Hidden" specified in the manifest file? If yes, then it will be on your roku, but you'll only be able to start it through ECP.
"The hidden property in the manifest file tells the firmware to not display the app on the home screen."
0 Kudos
dhoard
Visitor

I resolved the issue. When deploying the channel, I was selecting "Roku 2" as a requirement. I wasn't aware that the Roku LT is not part of the Roku 2 family (doh)

-Doug
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"dhoard" wrote:
I resolved the issue. When deploying the channel, I was selecting "Roku 2" as a requirement. I wasn't aware that the Roku LT is not part of the Roku 2 family (doh)

LT is a bit of a hybrid.
Could you please check if your model is 2400X or 2450X?
0 Kudos
dhoard
Visitor

My LT is a 2400X

-Doug
0 Kudos