Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brysonhyte
Visitor

Plugin Installation Web Page not available

I've recently started developing a plugin for the Roku XR box and have been experiencing difficulties when trying to access the web-based plugin installation page. I can access it once in a while and then its no longer available. I've tried to clear cache and other normal procedures but nothing seems reliable.

The device is in developer mode. Is there something else I need to be doing?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
bbefilms
Visitor

Re: Plugin Installation Web Page not available

Is it possible that the box is rebooting and picking up a different IP from DHCP? I'm developing with 3 different Roku boxes and haven't noticed this issue.
0 Kudos
brysonhyte
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I previously verified that the IP has not changed. The Firmware is up to date. I'll keep poking around until I find it or someone sheds some light on it.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Have you tried using the Makefile for installation instead? I don't use the web based installer at all myself.
0 Kudos
brysonhyte
Visitor

not sure why, but the page works fine on my home network. only having issues on our corp. network.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

How is it wired into the corp network? Its possible that they have the port blocked in the switch.
0 Kudos