Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekctv
Visitor

Playlists

Just trying to get my head around playlists. I am moving away from a popular platform where the playlist information dynamically updated Roku and moving to Amazon to host metadata and video files. I am building playlists in my own CMS where each playlist has a URN and each URN owns one or more videos who in turn have a unique URN. Playlists change regularly with new videos being inserted or removed. I want to import the latest playlist information into Amazon and then update my Roku channel, can you recomend a specific method that Roku prefers, perhaps its an XML update or some other clever mechanism.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SkipFire
Visitor

Re: Playlists

XML is the easiest format to send to the Roku. I store mine in a DB and then write it to several format depending on the device (Roku, Android, Windows, etc).
0 Kudos
derekctv
Visitor

Re: Playlists

Thanks Skipfire. Just got to that point after some extensive SDK reading and doing just that. My confusion arose from the announcemnt that JSON was an option, but I prefer XML. Happy New Year.
0 Kudos