Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe1
Visitor

Package for firmware 4.x on Roku 3?

I searched the docs for an answer, but I couldn't find it. It seems like releasing a package for firmware 4.x is impossible when you package your app on a Roku 3. Is this correct? Is there a list of max firmware version for each Roku model somewhere?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Package for firmware 4.x on Roku 3?

As far as I'm aware, the only box still in the wild that runs a 4.x firmware is the NowTV box in the UK, which has a controlled channel store, so I don't know why you'd need to specify 4.x firmware compatibility.

That being said, there's nothing that ties a firmware version to the box you package on, so it's not clear what you mean. Where are you trying to specify the firmware version that it's not letting you? If you're referring to the drop down on the channel submission page, that box will only allow you to choose a firmware equal to or greater than the last firmware version you published against. So, if you previously published a package with a firmware version of 5.1, you'll be limited to 5.1 as the lowest from that point forward, unless someone at Roku makes some adjustments on their end.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos