Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Official HD & SD dimensions of FilterBannerSlice?

Don't see any official dimension of these graphic's and I don't see any instances of their use in the examples. Anyone know how big or small they should be?

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Official HD & SD dimensions of FilterBannerSlice?

I've found 140px to be the maximum height for HD (less if you have a filter banner), and around 94 for SD. The latter is based on calculation (140 * 480 / 720)... I haven't done extensive testing in SD.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Ok... so now I've got the image appearing...only on the currently selected category filter, and only from there to the right side of the screen.

Also, can't seem to get the color of the filter banner to change to anything, just default greyish white.

Looks like you were able to do something with it in the Shoutcast channel (awesome channel by the way, I just started using it last week).

- Joel
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Sorry.. I missed the "Filter" part. The 140px is for the overhang slice. For the filter banner slice, I use 70px and 47px.

It sounds like you might be specifying the FilterBannerActiveHD instead of the FilterBannerSliceHD.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Yup. Thanks!
0 Kudos