Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

No income reporting after channel update

all of my channels had an update on the 16th of March. At that time I ceased earning any new income, no new sales have gone through, past subscriptions that normally get added on every day have stopped being added. Basically my account stopped showing sales on the day of the updates.

I've tried to email the developers email, I've tried PM'ing on here. No joy.

Obviously this is a very serious issue and I need some immediate support to at least calm my nerves.

The channels themselves are working, it appears you can purchase my channels, but no sales are reporting in the account activity, including subscriptions.

My gut feeling is sales and billing is going on as normal but I'm not seeing it or not being credited for it.

One hopes I have not lost all those subscriptions due to an error on your part or my business is bust!
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SolveLLC
Visitor

Re: No income reporting after channel update

We are seeing the same thing. Can someone respond to the original poster and us?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Hi folks,

we've spent quite a bit of time looking into this issue, and we now, finally, as of yesterday evening, know the cause is a service issue, affecting all channels with a non-in-app-subscription that have been updated since September 2014.

Those of you who said the issue began when an update to your channel was published were correct.

At present it looks like there may not be a fix in place till April 30th but I'm pushing for the service team to make an emergency patch as soon as possible, I'll let you know more as soon as I can. Right now I'm checking to see if the existing subscribers are still subscribed, even if they aren't being charged.

So, the bad news is:

* Billing for "up front subscription" channels that have been updated since 9/2014 is completely broken.
* This affects renewals and new subscriptions.

The good news:
* It appears that active subscriptions are still active but are not being billed. So when the issue is resolved, billing should resume.

- Joel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Can we assume that knowing this, you are going to refrain from updating any additional channels that would be affected or should we pull them out of the que ourselves?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Yes, we will not be publishing updates that use up-front subscriptions.

- Joel
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

Can we get an update on this? I'd prefer an update here and a reply to the email I set.
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I would also be interested in an update and some form of ETA to a fix as my company now is in effect without income.
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I've noticed some payments coming through this month for some channels (not all), albeit they are lumped into multiple payments on one day, so look like manual 'fixes', not sure if they cover last month as well.

Nothing official from Roku, just something I noticed today.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

FYI, our service team has applied a patch to fix the issues with purchasing new and renewing cancelled subscriptions. This should resolve the issues you experienced going forward, and theoretically, you should not have lost any existing subscribers who didn't cancel.

Joel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
FYI, our service team has applied a patch to fix the issues with purchasing new and renewing cancelled subscriptions. This should resolve the issues you experienced going forward, and theoretically, you should not have lost any existing subscribers who didn't cancel.

Joel

Good news, thank you for the update.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos