Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athi_joy
Streaming Star

No audio for some live content.

Hi all

I have a channel that contains live channels. Recently I got a customer complaint saying some of the live channels do not have audio. But I checked from my end all the channels audio are working fine. What is the issue here?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sjb64
Roku Guru

Re: No audio for some live content.

One customer (even if multiple complaints from them), or several customers?

If a single customer their receiver, sound bar, TV, HDMI or optical cable, (or even mute button) could be the issue and you'd be on a wild goose chase.  If you have heard it from more than one customer that's could be an actual issue.

We used to put a customer complaint like that (unrelated to Roku development) into a suspected issue "basket", do a quick test to see if we could recreate it, and if not pend it for a second complaint, which we then escalated for a deeper dive.  

The majority of those single complaint issues evaporated on their own, which of the course the customer would rarely inform us of.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No audio for some live content.

I'd agree with @sjb64 that it probably has something to do with that customer's setup.  Check the audio type on a stream that works vs. one that doesn't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos