Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
signal12
Visitor

Need buttons not bulleted list

I put this in my ScreenGraph XML document:
<ButtonGroup layoutDirection =  "vert"
   addItemSpacingAfterChild = "false"
   horizAlignment = "left">
   <Button
       id = "button1"
       text = "Red"/>
   <Button
       id = "Button2"
       text = "Green"/>
   <Button
       id = "Button3"
       text = "Blue"/>
</ButtonGroup>[/size][/color]
It displays as:
* Red
* Green
* Blue
This looks like a HTML bulleted list.  I am looking for the almost default looking grey/black lettering selection buttons with the white square on the right side.  Is this the right widget?  Can't believe something so simple causing so much pain, so I am asking for help
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
signal12
Visitor

Re: Need buttons not bulleted list

Thanks for the reply.  I wanted to use that type button because i thought it was a standard or best practice.  In looking, it seems that is not the case.  Although the wrong colors, the closest pic I could find to what I was looking for is attached.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roku+se ... vUr6e7wZpM:
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

I'm guessing you are looking for LabelList, not ButtonGroup.
See https://developer.roku.com/docs/referen ... bellist.md
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Yeah you cannot do that old SDKA behavior anymore in scene graph. That had the button left or button right. You could make your buttons align to either side. Now you can just build a label list and align however you want. Or even the check list or radio button list. You can then justify the button however you want. 

Plus.. those old SDKA buttons with the useless box on the right was just it's poor implementation of a bullet list with the bullets and text right justified. That is ugly isn't it? That isn't modern. That isn't forward looking. It arcs to by-gone era of yesterday. I think Roku wants users to abandon those old ugly templates. Not try to "reimagine" them in scene graph and remember them with nostalgia. Not much nostalgia left for those old screens. They look dated and deserved to be retired.

RIP SDKA. Long Live RSGA.
0 Kudos
signal12
Visitor

RokuKC - Thanks - You are correct, LabelList is what I ended up going with

speechles - I think the "ugly button with the useless box on the right" is what I was actually looking for all this time.   Only because I have seen it in so many Roku apps as an end user.  Makes sense that  I could not find it in the documentation as it was left in the old SDK.

Thanks for your help.  I ended up with three LabelLists inside a LayoutGroup. All works well.
0 Kudos