Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markarkark
Channel Surfer

MyJson not working. Can't get it to work.

I have had a Roku channel for a few years now.  I have the Json script but myjson.com isn't working.  I copied my script and put it in Code Beautify.  I downloaded the script and loaded it to my website.  I loaded the new address to Roku but it says, "The server returned a non-200 status code - (301)."  What do I do?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: MyJson not working. Can't get it to work.

Hard to know what your problem may be without seeing your feed file.  However, I would guess that your problem is related to accessing your feed file.  It's either a problem with permissions, or, where the file is located.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
melkat
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue... same error. I'm using the same process to update and I can't get it to work. In my feed, I have one file that's HLS and the others are MP4 files. When I click the question mark next to Video Format, it says "During beta, mixed video formats in the same feed are not supported." Is this new? How am I supposed to test to make sure my feed will work?

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I wasn't aware of this, however if so could you try beta testing using your VOD/.mp4 urls, then re-test using only the live/.m3u8?

Then once you know both work submit your feed?

0 Kudos
melkat
Binge Watcher

That didn't make a difference. HOWEVER... our IT guys recently updated our server to be HTTPS instead of HTTP. My url was going to HTTP. When I changed it to HTTPS, I no longer received that error message. It seems like an odd correlation, but that is literally the only difference between the two feed URLs I tried to submit. So - for me at least - problem solved. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Actually, it makes perfect sense per the Roku schema:

The URL of the video itself. The URL must use the secure protocol prefix "https://".
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.