Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobson_Media
Binge Watcher

MyJSON.com is gone...how do I get a URL to update my Roku Channel? Help!

Jump to solution

For the past couple years, I've used MyJSON.com to generate the JSON URL I need for updates to my Roku channel (Fore Golfers Network).

I'm a complete novice at all things JSON, learning just enough to update the full code and then grab the URL from MYJSON. That site is now dead (he closed it April 1) and I have no idea where I can go for the URL so I'm unable to update my channel w/ fresh content.

Does anyone know where I can turn for a JSON URL code to be generated from my long file?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MyJSON.com is gone...how do I get a URL to update my Roku Channel? Help!

Jump to solution

The content feed may reside on your website, a content delivery network (CDN), online video platform (OVP), or other hosting solution. You can also contact one of Roku's preferred feed creation partners to create and host your feed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Wow, didn't know they shut it down.

Do you have/host a website?  If so, you can go into your web hosts (ie. GoDaddy) File Manager, and within your Folders upload it there, the just try that filepath, like www. mysite .com/folder1/04072020.json

Or if you have some form of document uploader on your site, upload it, right click & copy file location.  Otherwise try a google search for similar json hosts. I read where either Github or Google Drive possibly work, but I didn't have success & do it on my web platform.  Try a forum search of those two, although FYI this thread should be in the Direct Publisher forum, not Developer.

norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can also try https://pastebin.com/ they offer many different file formats to host and it is free.

You can post/host as a guest or create a free account. I suggest the latter.  Once a file is created, select the 

raw

button and point to that url.

0 Kudos
Hobson_Media
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This morning, I pasted the link generated by Pastebin but it seems to be the wrong format. Here's a before and after cap. Would appreciate any other insight!

Roku JSON - BeforeRoku JSON - PasteBin result

0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

this is a question for forum next door, ask there https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Direct-Publisher/bd-p/roku-direct-publisher

specifically on the error msg, error message in red explains it alredy - pastebin.com/raw returns content-type of "text/plain", should be one of the listed; may not be doable that way 

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

The content feed may reside on your website, a content delivery network (CDN), online video platform (OVP), or other hosting solution. You can also contact one of Roku's preferred feed creation partners to create and host your feed.

0 Kudos