Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Motion Remote with "New Stick" Roku?

What's the situation with the "new HDMI stick" #3600 and the game remote support for it?
The remotes in question are the WiFiD game-enhanced ones, e.g. RC03 (game remote w/instant replay), RC35 (game remote w/voice search).

The "Roku Models and Features" table in TFM says "not shipped, but supported" for "Wi-Fi Direct Game Remote" with "3600X".

Sounds great, but when on a #3600 player i go to Channel Store, it hides the games that have "Roku Game Remote" flag (ditto for games added from web store, download skips the stick). I am guessing the motion sensor support was not compiled in the stick firmware "because it does not ship with motion remote". But given that #3600 is 4-core-rugated, i figure it should be well able to handle the remote - also people buying game remote as add-on option should be a revenue source for RokuCo. Cue Amazon FireTV Stick coming with a basic remote - but working just as well with the optional gamepad or voice remote, should you choose to add them.
0 Kudos