Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Maintain Up-Down Key with RowList

I'm trying with this example ZipFileName: SimpleRowList.zip for RowList.

I'm trying with change itemcontent using the up-down key. For maintaining a Focus, other nodes like PosterGrid used itemfocused is type is an integer, and RowList used rowItemFocused is type is an array. So, It's difficult to maintain itemcontent with RowList.

I applied logic for PosterGrid and successfully maintain an up-down key using the below logic.

nTotalItem = m.postergrid.content.getChildCount()
if key = "up" if m.postergrid.itemFocused = 0 then m.postergrid.jumpToItem = nTotalItem - 1 ? "arrow selected " else m.postergrid.jumpToItem = m.postergrid.itemFocused - 1 ? "arrow selected " end if end if if key = "down" if m.postergrid.itemFocused = nTotalItem - 1 then m.postergrid.jumpToItem = 0 ? "arrow selected " else m.postergrid.jumpToItem = m.postergrid.itemFocused + 1 ? "arrow selected " end if end if

I tried with the same in RowList. But, It's difficult to maintain. Because Here data represent in a two-dimensional array. 

For understanding my RowList is like below as I mention number.

0 1 2 3
0 1 2
0 1
0 1 2 
0 1

Here, I have tried to manage the first-row first index to last row last index. Here I tried with below logic. But It's only managed with a single column.

if key = "up"
m.grid.content.GetChild(m.itemSelected[0] + 1).GetChild(m.itemSelected[1])
? "arrow selected "
else if key = "down"
m.grid.content.GetChild(m.itemSelected[0] - 1).GetChild(m.itemSelected[1])
? "arrow selected "
end if

I know RowList is maintaining focus Automatically. But I tried to change using the up-down key. Anyone knows how to handle and maintain data using the up-down key.

0 Kudos