Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

Lots of transactions being removed from Sales Activity report

Roku won't get back to me on this major bug report, so I'm going to keep warning others until it's fixed.

Whole dates are gone from my Sales Activity report today, 6/1/2022, 6/5/2022, and others.  Each date has 30+ transactions in yesterday's download.  I download daily and insert into Excel to keep track of things.

I don't know what Roku is doing but it's **bleep** scary to see transactions missing from the sales report.  If Roku uses this report on the last day of the month and it returns missing dates, I would assume that the payout would be way short.

In fact, my last two months have been quite a bit short, but I can't nail it down yet to a currency conversion issue or if the amount is equal to what a particular channel earned on its own, missing dates, etc.

I'm not saying anything malicious is going on, but a bug in the payment system is not something to ignore!

I wish the tech team would report back to me what they think is happening and assure me and others it will be fixed.  There is no reason on Earth why a database pull on 6/30 for the whole month of June should return missing dates that were there prior.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?  Is the Sales Activity report something we shouldn't be using but rather the Payouts report?  If so, why are there different types of reports and why does one type have a bug to this degree.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Lots of transactions being removed from Sales Activity report

When pulling the Sales Activity report "is in range 2022/6/1 to 2022/6/30", 6/5/2022 has been removed.  This was 25+ transactions.

When pulling the Sales Activity report "is in the month of June", 6/1 and 6/5 have been removed, totalling more than 50 transactions.

0 Kudos
rflix
Reel Rookie

Hi, I am experiencing this identical issue this month (October 2022).  Report ran fine Oct, 1st thru 5th.  Then no dates other than handful of charge backs, which is highly unusual.  Were you able to get any update from Roku support?

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

The main problem with Roku is that when you write to Partner Success, you get random workers and very rarely will you get an answer to your concerns.

Partner Success only brushed it off as usual, telling me to make sure I'm accounting for All of my channels.  This means they didn't read my whole complaint which argues that transactions (specific dates) have been missing from numerous channels' logs.  My first reaction was that somebody with database access and their own channel(s) could be... ?? but then I concluded that it's a problem with their database routines.

I'm also researching the meaning of the unexplained additional payment made each month... while a normal payment will say something like "Roku, Inc has sent you $X,XXX USD" the additional payment made after all the other currency payments says "Roku August Payment" yet the payment date was September 27.  It could be delayed payments from customers that Roku couldn't collect from on time, or who knows.

The problem with chargebacks...  they mostly come from Europe.  I get very little chargebacks or reversals, so it's not something I've panicked over yet.

0 Kudos