Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
monettes
Level 7

Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

Hi,

I'm testing my ROKU device with the basic SimpleVideoPlayer application. I created a m3u8 file and everything is running great if I just play the movie.

If I pause and then restart the movie, every works fine too.

But if I start fast forwarding or rewinding the same movie, I loose the audio for a while. Then the audio will come back later, but will be out of sync with the Video.

We are currently testing with our HTTP server in our lab. So we have a perfect 100Mbps network connection between the Roku and our HTTP server.

I played the same URL link using my QuickTime player and the fast forward and rewind features works fine and the audio is always in-sync with the video on my QuickTime player.

Have you seen this issue? Is this something I can fix or I need to wait for a new firmware?

Thanks,

Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuKevin
Level 9

Re: Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

I have not seen this issue.... If the URL is accessible and you'd like o PM me the URL, I will see if I can recreate the same scenario.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
monettes
Level 7

Re: Loss of audio when fast forwarding with HLS

Kevin,

I found the problem. The file was poorly encoded. I tested with another file properly encoded and the rewind and forward works perfectly.

Thank you,

Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.
0 Kudos