Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afristreamtv
Visitor

Looking For A Developer For The Roku SDK

We want to publish our PPV channel to the Roku store.We can process (transcode), store, and deliver (via RTSP / HTTP etc) the right format of media files for the Roku box , but we are looking for a developer to develop an application with the Roku SDK, that is based on Adobe Flash or Air.

Any interested developer should contact me directly at boyce@screenscopepictures.com
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Re: Looking For A Developer For The Roku SDK

I am new to this, but I would advise that adobe flash/air run in browsers (client machines). The Roku is neither. It would download the video in segments over HTTP(s) and play it directly it its own software. There are obvious ways of protecting the content (SSL), but I am thinking flash is out completely. Just my two cents!

Tommy
0 Kudos
bbefilms
Visitor

I'm not so sure - the streams are the important part and Flash streams can now be H264. You may need to re-encode because of non-optimal bitrates, but you could potentially share streams.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"bbefilms" wrote:
I'm not so sure - the streams are the important part and Flash streams can now be H264. You may need to re-encode because of non-optimal bitrates, but you could potentially share streams.

Hmmmmm.....

Theres gold in them there hills.....

For a developer/programmer type with the free time there is money to be made out here!!!!

I wish I had the time.......
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Absolutely, if some thought is made, streams can likely be shared, but the Roku SDK development will not be in Adobe Flash or Air. I will know today whether I will have time or not. 🙂

"bbefilms" wrote:
0 Kudos