Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

JSON Desktop Creation Tool for Roku

Hello to all and wishing you are all well. 

I wonder if anyone knows of a program/app to create the JSON file for a Roku channel. An editor, etc. I have found several online but either too expensive or incomplete/buggy, unusable. 

I'm my no means a programmer, but I am very computer knowledgeable with many years of experience. I have Windows and Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to create my channel JSON with a pre-roll, and ads. If you have any material that I could use, please send it my way!

God Bless all and please stay safe!

Raul Rodriguez

Sebring Web Enterprises 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

Re: JSON Desktop Creation Tool for Roku

I found this one:

GitHub - rrirower/json-feed-manager: Setup file(s) for the Json Feed Manager for Roku Direct Publish...

Is this the one you were talking about?

Thanks Aaron!

Raul

Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

The program is nice, but it keeps crashing. Do you know of any other?

0 Kudos
Raul-WA4TPR
Channel Surfer

Even a paid program

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

@Raul-WA4TPR I am the developer of the JSON feed manager. You can PM me, or, post an issue on GitHub. I'll be glad to help you.

Update: I've checked for reported crashes for the software and found no new ones.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.