Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El-vishy
Visitor

Is it possible to load script(BRS) files from remote server

I am working on writing Media Analytics Module for my Roku application and I wanted clarification on whether I can load certain script (BRS) files from my server?

Regards,
Vishvesh 
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Is it possible to load script(BRS) files from remote server

AFAIR, you shoudln't - check the developer agreement verbiage
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

There is the ComponentLibrary for loading signed code into an app... been meaning to look in to it, it fits my use case nicely.
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... entLibrary
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

One great use case for doing this is to be able to make a lot of changes to your public Roku channel without needing to ever submit it to RokuQA for re-certification.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
One great use case for doing this is to be able to make a lot of changes to your public Roku channel without needing to ever submit it to RokuQA for re-certification.

Which is something which you absolutely, positively should not do. That's like structuring/smurfing bank deposits, so that IRS does not catch a whiff of tax evasion.

Regarding downloadable component libraries, it sounds good in theory but i heard through the grapevine there are some issues.
0 Kudos