Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid archive when attempting to download channel package

I'm attempting to download our existing channel's package file from the review and publish page. Every time I try to open the zip file, I get errors that the archive is invalid. I've tried to download with several browsers and open it with several different programs, on both Mac and Windows operating systems. On mac it will give another compressed file with an additional extension, which attempting to open that just gives me another zip file, and infinitely loops through this.

How can I get a good download of our channel?? I need to make some changes to the channel. We don't seem to have the original source code from our previous developer.

Thanks for your help!!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Invalid archive when attempting to download channel package

Although the "Download package File" is given a zip extension when downloaded, it's really the pkg file.  So you won't be able to unzip that.  The header is "Roku Channel PakV 2.0" instead of "PK".  If Roku is going to help, that is what you need.  Otherwise you need to find a backup before you packaged the channel app.
0 Kudos