Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Komag
Roku Guru

In OS 10.5 deleting developer channel (via the installer) clears registry!

I've noticed in OS 10.5, when using the Development Application Installer, if I "Delete" the currently sideloaded channel, and then sideload a newer version that I'm working on, my registry info has been wiped out as well! This never used to be a problem!

I can instead use "Replace" to upload a newer version, and the registry info is kept intact, good. But a few years ago I developed the habit of always doing "Delete" first because of a Roku bug that would somehow eat up more memory over time, and eventually would get a "memory full" error which requires a Roku system reboot. Has that bug been fixed? Why clear the registry when deleting a sideloaded channel?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: In OS 10.5 deleting developer channel (via the installer) clears registry!

I can confirm the old bug STILL EXISTS, and coupled with the new behavior of deleting the associated registry of a deleted sideloaded channel, THIS STINKS!

Roku, please fix one or the other:

- Stop deleting the registry of a sideloaded channel when I delete the channel, or better,

- Fix the dumb memory issue of not being able to "Replace" a sideloaded channel due to memory, even if the replacement is the exact same size.

0 Kudos