Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Important: Roku Developer Agreement Update

woot-woot!

on to the next thing to fix in the Co - are you getting any orders from UK? How much do you get credited? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=88968#p505765
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I was updated a couple of days ago but have been too busy to post anything.

Thank you
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I have a few UK sales. My $0.99 products go for 0.55 GBP (vs. 0.69 according to the Tier 1 schedule) while my $1.99 products go for 1.19 GBP (vs 1.49 GBP according to the Tier 2 schedule). I don't think it's just GBP. The last time I sold something in EUR I got 1.26 vs 1.59, but that was back in July. It's interesting to note that Tier 2 products are not twice as much as Tier 1 products in GBP.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"EnTerr" wrote:
woot-woot!

on to the next thing to fix in the Co - are you getting any orders from UK? How much do you get credited? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=88968#p505765

My UK sales numbers are laughable, so the conversion isn't a huge deal for me at the moment, but I have been bumped up to 80% there as well.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You must agree to our terms before 2016/12/08

2016? So I have an entire year to read over the new terms? ok then. Thanks!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
You must agree to our terms before 2016/12/08
2016? So I have an entire year to read over the new terms? ok then. Thanks!

After some meditation over the read below, i conclude that forced updates start only after 3/1/16 and by 3/1/17 everyone will be converted. Voluntary updates, anytime.
"https://developer.roku.com/changes" wrote:
... you currently have a click-through distribution agreement with Roku, then Roku will email you a reminder of the date upon which its term will expire, at least 90 days in advance.
  • If the term expires before March 1, 2016, then you may let your agreement auto-renew for another year, or you may choose to accept the new Application Distribution Agreement.

• If the term expires on or after March 1, 2016, then you will need to accept the new Application Distribution Agreement when your distribution agreement expires in order to continue distributing your channels on Roku.
0 Kudos
islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

The transactions report 80% revenue share, but they're actually calculating 70%. When is the new split effective? Will this be corrected retroactively?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"islanddreamer" wrote:
The transactions report 80% revenue share, but they're actually calculating 70%. When is the new split effective? Will this be corrected retroactively?

I remember there is a bug with the reports facility where for ALL transactions it shows the same number in the "Share %" (either 80% or 70%), both before and after the date click-through agreement was "executed". However the "Total" column shows the correct developer share in $. E.g. for me the passing through the magic empty screen was on 10/2 - i just checked and i can see in reports that $0.99 item gets credited as $0.69 on 10/2 and as $0.79 on 10/3, so I am happy with that.

Scrutinize your records and if discrepancy, contact the Co. to credit the difference. Beware the wording though 🙂 , "retroactively" is usually understood to mean "prior to contract term" but that's not what you ask - instead it's to true-up on the amounts owed.
0 Kudos