Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nolos
Channel Surfer

Import from another channel

Hey all, is it possible to import info from another channel. Am example would be that a channel has weather info being displayed and I want to pull that info into my channel. Kind of a weird example but all I could think of right now. Thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Nolos
Channel Surfer

Re: Import from another channel

Anybody?

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Are you referring to a channel created with the SDK, or, a Direct Publisher channel?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
Nolos
Channel Surfer

Either, but currently I think I would be more interested in the SDK channels as I think the ones I am interested in would be too complicated to be made by Direct Publisher.  Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You can share information among your own channels through the registry (assuming all your channels were signed with the same key), but there's no way to extract information from someone else's channel.  Everything is pretty well sand-boxed.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nolos
Channel Surfer

I was hoping to utilize the authentication process of the major networks and then import info after they had authenticated from the other channel.  So, probably a loaded question, but what's the process that the major networks use to authenticate the end users to verify they are a cable subscriber, and is that something I can (or am allowed to) do if I built my own app?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Nolos
Channel Surfer

Anyone?
0 Kudos